Author Archives: Admin
We couldn’t help but to share what we’ve come across today. As we were logging into our g mail account we couldn’t help but notice the “Grow with Google” link. You can click here to visit the Google page, which has all the juicy details. It looks as though Google has partnered with Coursera, Goodwill and others to bring us tools for success. Google seems to be offering tons of resources to students, teachers,job seekers and even developers! It’s worth a look to see what all they have to offer. As we browse through their site we will be sure to share what we’ve uncovered. We plan to benefit from these tools as well. Good luck.
Everyone wants to know how they can work from home so we’ve made it simple. Below is a list of companies that allow you to work from home. If you have your own personal computer with “at least” Windows 7 you could be in business. Most companies will require you to have some form of customer service skills along with some computer knowledge. Of course its always beneficial to have a resume handy and have some time to complete any assessments required for the application process. Good luck and happy job hunting ! Click the BOLD text to go directly to the jobs page.
- Nordstrom – Hires agents from several US states.
- PODS – Hires experienced customer service professionals to work from home.
- Sykes – Hires US and Canada based virtual call center agents.
- U-Haul – Hires agents from US for full-time work from home. Paid training.
- Xerox – Hiring customer support agents for several work at home positions.
- Apple – Hires at-home advisors and also provides an iMac so you can work from home.
- Amazon – Hires virtual customer service agents throughout US.
- Alorica – Hires customer support, technical support and retention agents to work from home.
- Asurion – Hires at-home customer service team members from certain US states.
- Convergys – Looking for home agents to take calls for their clients. Pays between $7 to $12 per hour.
Come back soon for more work at home jobs.
An entrepreneur is someone who assumes the big financial risk of starting and running a new business venture. The business venture can be based on totally a new idea, a new way of doing something, or inventing something that has never been invented before. The choice is up to the individual. Entrepreneurship can be scary for some but rewarding for others. If takes a great deal of patience and hard work. Nothing happens overnight. There are many ways to start the rewarding career path of an entrepreneur if one simply will just start with research and self evaluation. The rest is a wonderful journey. Have faith in yourself and in your abilities to start the path of being a successful entrepreneur. This blog can be a wonderful starting place for those that have no idea of where to start. We share resources that encourages YOU.
Grants are a form of funding awarded by a private foundation, or a federal or state government department or agency. Grants are based on a competitive process with strict guidelines for applying and using the funds. Grant funding agencies use grants as a way to accomplish a specific goal that the organization wants to achieve. There is a common belief that grants do not have to be repaid which is true but there are guidelines in place that must be followed and if not you can end up having to repay the grant. If your organization can benefit from a grant it may be beneficial to check out grants.gov, you can access the website by clicking HERE. When accessing the website we recommend the following:
- Create a username and password
- Check out the “Learn Grants” tab at the top of the website
- Be motivated and ready to read lots of information
- Be goal oriented
- Seek help for grant writing proposal
Grants can be a great way to fund your business but keep i mind that grants are very specific. We encourage you explore the website in full detail. For further hands on exploration check out the grants.gov YOUTUBE channel bu click HERE
All small business owners are invited to join the U.S Small Business Administration for these series of workshops to gain more insight about the best kept secret in the federal government and more.
Don’t miss these monthly informational workshops on the U.S. Small Business Administration’s flagship program; the 8(a) Business Development (BD) Program. The 8(a) Program is designed to help small businesses who are owned by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals compete in the federal marketplace. The 8(a) BD Program offers executive level business training that helps to keep your small business competitive! There are many benefits, requirements, and an online application process for the 8(a) BD Program.
January 10, 2017
February 14, 2017
March 14, 2017
April 11, 2017
May 9, 2017
June 13, 2017
July 11, 2017
North Florida District Office
7825 Baymeadows Way, Suite 100B
Jacksonville, FL 32256
Lucille B. Trotter Conference Room
- Sole-source contracts – up to $4 million for goods and services and $6.5 million for manufacturing
- Specialized business training, marketing assistance, counseling and high-level executive development
- Your business must be qualified as small
- Your business must be majority-owned and controlled by socially and economically disadvantaged individual(s)
- Your business must demonstrate potential for success as well as other requirements!
In todays society there should be no reason as to why one should go without a strong hand in their math skills. The Jacksonville Public library provides free math tutoring for students in ANY grade. Thats K-12. More information provided below. Or visit the website by clicking HERE
We decided to share this event based on the simple fact that science is still important. Spread the word.
“Science for Survival”
A new generation of healers for our community
The Jacksonville Urban League is offering expanded services for local entrepreneurs. The offer will last all the way until June 30th 2016. The free services offered are
- Professional counseling
- Credit and financing education
- Technical Assistance
To set up a free appointment you must contact the Jacksonville Urban League by phone or visit their website. Contact information is provided below. Don’t hesitate to take advantage of these free local services to help you grow or start your own business.
Jacksonville Urban League : 904.723-4010
Click HERE to visit their website
Looking for full-time or part time employment? Wal Mart is opening it’s newest location in Jacksonville Florida off of Collins Rd. If you need information on how to apply we have all the details here:
Apply on site at their temporary hiring center: 1580 Wells Rd Jacksonville Florida 32073
The hours to apply at the temporary hiring center are as follows:
Monday – Friday 8am – 6pm & Saturday 8am – 5pm