All small business owners are invited to join the U.S Small Business Administration for these series of workshops to gain more insight about the best kept secret in the federal government and more.
Don’t miss these monthly informational workshops on the U.S. Small Business Administration’s flagship program; the 8(a) Business Development (BD) Program. The 8(a) Program is designed to help small businesses who are owned by socially and economically disadvantaged individuals compete in the federal marketplace. The 8(a) BD Program offers executive level business training that helps to keep your small business competitive! There are many benefits, requirements, and an online application process for the 8(a) BD Program.
January 10, 2017
February 14, 2017
March 14, 2017
April 11, 2017
May 9, 2017
June 13, 2017
July 11, 2017
North Florida District Office
7825 Baymeadows Way, Suite 100B
Jacksonville, FL 32256
Lucille B. Trotter Conference Room
- Sole-source contracts – up to $4 million for goods and services and $6.5 million for manufacturing
- Specialized business training, marketing assistance, counseling and high-level executive development
- Your business must be qualified as small
- Your business must be majority-owned and controlled by socially and economically disadvantaged individual(s)
- Your business must demonstrate potential for success as well as other requirements!
The Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce will be hosting it’s Small Business Center Orientation event. The event will be held in the heart of Downtown Jacksonville, see below for address and time details. The event will cover the following information
- Expanding or starting a business
- Business library services
- Counseling sessions
- Business workshops
- Financing options
- Contracting with the government
- Gaining certification from government agencies
- Building mentor relationships
I recommend this event to anyone interested in starting or growing their business. The Jacksonville Chamber of commerce serves as a direct link to getting started on your vision. Click the link for official details
Time & Location Details are as follows.
WASHINGTON – Small businesses interested in starting or expanding sales of their goods and services overseas have access to a new, free online tool that will gauge their readiness to export and help them develop an export business plan.
The Export Business Planner, developed by the U.S. Small Business Administration, offers a ready-made, customizable and easily accessible document that can be updated and referenced continuously as the business grows.
The Planner, located at www.sba.gov/exportbusinessplanner, allows users to:
• Determine their export readiness
• Learn about training and counseling opportunities
• Complete worksheets for global market research
• Obtain financing information and options
• Customize export marketing plans, and
• Access resources for exporters
“Creating jobs through exporting is one of the nation’s top economic priorities, as the President indicated when he launched the National Export Initiative,” said SBA Administrator Karen G. Mills. “Giving exporters the tools to do their part in this effort is essential. The new Export Business Planner is one such tool and will serve businesses in the critical process of planning for their success.”
The Planner is a PDF file that can be easily downloaded, accessed, customized, and updated every time you use it. It features an extensive compilation of export research and information, including quick links to websites, video profiles, training podcasts, trade statistics, contact information to counseling resources such as SCORE and SBDCs, a list of current SBA lenders and much more.
The tool is organized in comprehensive chapters that are cross-linked and indexed for efficiency and easy access to related topics.
The chapters include:
• Introduction to Exporting
• Training and Counseling
• Getting Started: Creating an Export Business Plan
• Developing your Marketing plan
• Financing your Export Venture
• Accounting Worksheets: Costing, Financial Forecasting and Product Pricing
• Utilizing Technology for successful Exporting
• Your New Marketing Plan: Summary, Timeline
• Updates, Transportation and Documentation
A special, very useful feature of the Planner is the customizable worksheets, which provide templates for developing your export business plan, conducting business assessments and foreign market research, creating your marketing plan, costing and sale projections, goal setting and much more.
You may need further assistance with your business plan, please feel free to CONTACT US !
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org